27 May 2008

Back from the Farmer's Market

With veggies from local gardeners, and my own homegrown windowsill cilantro, I offer a recipe for Pico de Gallo:

Ingredients

4 large tomatoes (firm), seeded and chopped
1 cup onions, chopped (I usually combine walla walla and red varieties)
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3-4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 jalapeños, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
A splash of virgin olive oil
salt to taste

Directions

1. Combine all ingredients a medium glass or ceramic bowl.
2. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.

This is delicious on eggs, over salad, or even as a dip for fried tortillas. I've used it in place of salsa many times.

Some people add sugar to their recipes, but I've found that there is more than enough sugar in the onions to suit my family.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sunny said...

Just passin thru...
I found you on Lorries blog..
Hope you can view mine...
and REMEMBER HIS name is also LOVE
SHALOM.....

9:29 AM, July 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home