09 December 2005

Potato Pancakes

Potatoes are about the cheapest staple out there, so I am always looking for a new way to cook them up:


Ingredients
5 potatoes, peeled and shredded
2 eggs, beaten
1 onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
ΒΌ tsp vanilla
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons oil for frying


Directions
1. In a large bowl, stir together potatoes, eggs, onion, flour, salt and pepper.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
3. Drop large spoonfuls of the potato batter into the skillet and flatten cakes slightly with a spatula.
4. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve immediately.


If you can afford it, fry up one link of sausage per serving.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh my, potato pancakes, my favorite. I've never heard of putting vanilla in them though, I'm going to try it next time.

I've never met a potato I didn't love. You can do so much with them and they are very filling.

When I first got married, I made baked potatoes at least twice a week and we made a meal out of them.

4:19 PM, December 11, 2005  
Blogger Wild Widow said...

They're very inexpensive, and can stretch a budget a good ways.

10:33 PM, December 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home